I'm officially 7 weeks post partum, 100% healed and cleared for exercise. Up until this week I have not felt physically capable of doing much more than going for walks in the evening. I'm excited to say that I'm officially ready to get back into shape and maybe some day I'll even fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes ;)
I debated the idea of doing this publicly (Okay, lets be honest: I don't have a ton of hits on this blog anyway so it's not a huge deal). I'll be the first to say that I'm not entirely comfortable with the transformations my body has gone through since delivery, what new mom is? But what I'm realizing is how much the rest of society impacts those feelings, that it's not so much just me being hard on myself. So screw it, I'm going to post pictures that might not be as flattering as I'd like and I'm going to share my progress. And you know what? For having birthed a 9lb baby 7 short weeks ago, I think I look pretty damn good. So whoever thinks that a woman should look like a freakin' superstar after childbirth can go find another blog to read. I don't need to feel like a sloth because I grew a human being in my uterus for 10 months just because he's no longer inside. And by the way? My little man hearts my soft tummy, I'm sure he's not nearly as interested in helping me rediscover my hip bones.
So that being said, this is the first day of my exercise blog. I plan on doing weekly check-in's, anything more than that and I'll drive myself nuts. I'll probably just do bi-monthly photos because I don't want to get my hopes up for speedy results. But by making these posts I'm motivating myself to keep going. Feel free to follow along or get motivated to do the same.


WEEK ONE
1. Height: 5'4", Weight: 130 lbs
Total weight loss: Since birth: 30 lbs, Since fitness start: 0lbs
Remaining weight loss goal: 10 lbs
2. Exercise:
Monday: 40 min Yoga
Tuesday: Couch to 5k, Week 1 Day 1
Wednesday: 40 min Yoga
Thursday: Couch to 5k, Week 1 Day 2
Friday: Couch to 5k, Week 1 Day 3
3. Dietary Goals: 100oz water/day, one fruit or vegetable with every meal, dessert only on Sunday.














3 comments:
Girl you look daaaaaaamn good for just having given birth! Losing 30 pounds without exercise is pretty remarkable in itself, as is weighing ONLY 130 pounds. I weight 119 and I've only got a food baby!!!!! I know you can reach your goal, but you're beautiful regardless. <3
Thank you Kristin <3 As it turns out, most of my 'excessive' weight gain was water weight, and one day I just woke up not swollen anymore and the water weight was gone. I was 116 pre-pregnancy but I just want to get to 120 since that's sorta my baseline. But I mostly just want my flat belly back! I didn't want to get my hopes up during pregnancy because I didn't know what I'd be working with post-baby but it seems totally possible now so I'm determined :D
Get it, girl! For starters, you already look awesome. Stay motivated and you will reach those goals!!!
Post a Comment