
R and I are celebrating Valentine's Day a bit early this year so that we're able to celebrate together at all. Technically, we haven't spent the "holiday" together since 2009... but to be honest, it's not and never has been one of my favorites (not in a bitter, I-Hate-Men way, I just think it's appropriate to show a lot of love on any given day and there shouldn't have to be an overrated holiday designated for it). Either way, my husband is sweet and went out of his way to show his love today :) He brought home an orchid because he wanted flowers that would last the whole time he's gone. And the gummy bears and peach rings? They're totally that candy that I walk past in the commissary, contemplate, then decide I don't *need* every single time. <3
So what if my hubby can't be home for every holiday, birthday or anniversary? They're just days. There's no reason we can't choose celebrate on different ones. It just makes me appreciate the time that we do spend together that much more.














0 comments:
Post a Comment