I love it because it can be tweaked to perfection and there's a million possible variations. I followed this recipe as a guideline but omitted the jalapeƱos since I'm not feeling spicy food right now. I also cut the recipe in half because I wasn't sure how it would come out. Fortunately, it came out fantastic and I plan on making this over and over again. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure it ended up costing less than a jar would.

Blend together:
1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it)
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
small to medium size handful of cilantro
washed juice of 1 lime (2 Tbsp)














2 comments:
Beautiful blog! I'm also a CG wife. Glad to have found you!
http://MyBabyBirds.blogspot.com
Hey, thanks! Glad to "meet" you, fellow Coastie wife :D
Post a Comment