Pumpkin Bread!

[Click for recipe]
I *love* banana bread and this is basically the same thing. I used pumpkin pie mix instead of pumpkin puree because, lets be honest, I'm not planning on putting pants on let alone running to the commissary. We've had a can sitting around forevz, so now it's gone to good use. In doing this, I accidentally made the recipe easier because you can just omit the sugar and spices since pumpkin mix already has all of that tasty goodness mixed into one. Yeah, it might be cheating but I don't care; this was a test run and maybe next time I'll try the real thing. Maybe. I also opted out of the glaze because I don't have powdered sugar on hand. Instead, I sprinkled brown sugar on top and called it a day. Came out perfect and I'm pretty pleased with myself.
So since I've officially broken my Pinterest cherry, I'd love to try other things. I'm pretty determined to sew a simple baby blanket before our little guy gets here. My sewing machine isn't anything fancy by any means, but I think I could do it. I found fabric at the one fabric store that I know of on island- I took it as a sign that I actually found two warm and fuzzy blankets in patterns I heart on my first attempt. Step two will be not paying $1000 for thread and deciphering how to go about doing this. Worst case scenario, I sew the two fabrics together and call it a day (hey, it's Guam! No one REALLY needs a thick blanket!) but I'd like to put in a *bit* more effort. Stay tuned!

And I leave you with a lovely photo of Lazy Bones McGee. Lately, he's taken a liking to laying flat up against the wall like this. He's so handsome with his handkerchief :)















0 comments:
Post a Comment