
Seriously??
Yeah, I get it. Kate is a now a military spouse. But who the eff are you fooling if you're trying to tell me that the Dutchess experiences the same shiz as your average military family. I doubt she's aware of when it's the 1st or the 15th of each month. I'm sure she won't be facing any PCS moves or relocations. I don't want to hear about how "rough" Kate Middleton has it, I want to hear about families just like mine that deal with normal things like cooking dinner and, oh I don't know, actually being separated from their spouses and/or families.
OH BUT WAIT!
"When Kate Middleton and Prince William return from their 10-day honeymoon — rumored to be on a private island in the Indian Ocean, sometime in the next month — they will reportedly have to say goodbye to each other for a heartbreakingly long 10-weeks as William must report for duty in the Falkland Isles to finish his helicopter pilot training. William is a flight lieutenant in the RAF’s Search and Rescue squad and air force wives are not allowed to travel to this post, which is 250 miles off the east coast of Argentina.
“It is a bitter blow for Kate,” a source told the UK’s The Sun. “They have known about the Falklands for several weeks, but Kate was very upset when she first heard.”
“It is an awful way to start married life, especially hard because it destroys the first magic of being together,” says the source."
I WISH I only spent 10 weeks apart from my husband after we were married! Actually, I'm still waiting for that lull where I get to have hubby around for more than 3 months at a time. If I were to do the math, I'm quite sure he's spent more time away from home than he has been here since we've been married. But you know what? As much as it sucks to be apart, as much as it sucks to constantly be finding that new routine, I know that he's out doing something that matters and still providing for his family. Most spouses would agree, and most of us didn't come from or marry into Royalty.
Okay, okay, I know it must be rough constantly being in the spotlight and dealing with the demands of constantly impressing the general public (commoners, if you will). And I will say that I respect her as a fellow military spouse. But the reasoning behind her feature in Military Spouse Magazine was to find and compare similarities between us American spouses and military spouses from other countries, and I just can't get past the fact that most of us don't have a personal staff on hand ready to help out. Why not choose someone a little less famous and a little more average for us to compare our lives to?
Plus, I'm just *really* tired of hearing about the Royal Wedding.














0 comments:
Post a Comment