Upon rising from my slumber this morning (at approximately 1100, after a greatly needed 12-hour night sleep mind you), the very first thing I notice is the unmistakeable barking of the black lab coming from what sounds like the front yard. "That's odd", I think to myself, as our backyard is fenced and Shadow doesn't typically enter the front yard unless he's gotten out, terrorizes the neighborhood for 20-30 minutes, then comes trotting back to our house with a big, goofy grin planted on his face, ready for a big ol' bowl of water and maybe a few ice cubes to snack on.
First, I try the sliding doors. Alas, I do hear his barking, but I do not see him. "Shadow?!" I call. Nothing. Shrugging my shoulders, I return inside to prepare myself a late breakfast. Still, though, I hear that barking. Grumbling, I open the front door, half afraid, half expecting to see that tail a-waggin'. And there he is, our shining star of a boonie dog, standing in the center of the cul-de-sac barking at the pouring rain, soaked to the bone, having the time of his life (annoying the hell out of anyone who passes by). I sigh, call for him, and like a perfect gentleman he returns back to the house, absolutely thrilled with himself.















0 comments:
Post a Comment