I have over 1,100 photos to go through from our recent vacation to the states. We spent a week camping (and by camping, I mean living it up in fully functioning cabins) with family at Wallowa Lake Resort in Joseph, Oregon, followed by a few days in Seattle and a few days in Vancouver. I'd really like to share a lot of these photos online but there's just SO MANY PHOTOS and NO ONE wants to see 1,100+ photos from ANYONE'S vacation, so as usual, I've been putting it off. Then I decided to break it down into parts, like go through the camping photos, then the Seattle photos, then the Vancouver, etc. Well, I was going through the zoo photos and came across this handsome fella:
Got me thinking about Felix, our *other* cat/love of my life who lives in the states with family. I love tigers and lions. They're truly fascinating animals (Animal Planet told me so). I mean, I find a lot of animals fascinating. But I really just love big cats because, socially, they're not that different from us. I like when animals are like people, because it reminds us that people are animals and that sometimes we need to jump off that pedestal we hold ourselves on and take a look around. Plus, a tiger could destroy you in, like, .5 seconds. If you can't respect that, then you're just ignorant.
I'm such a slick procrastinator.
We really did have a great vacation. Plus, aside from the million dollar plane ticket to the states, we really saved a lot of money (and if you don't already know, I'm a big fan of saving money). We were able to stay in Vancouver for two nights at the Westin Grand using Starwoods Reward Points and the rest of our time at the Everett Navy Lodge, which ended up being a little over $100/per person for the entire week. Really can't complain. This was also my first trip with my new lens, so I'm pretty happy with how a lot of photos came out. Here's a few of my favs so far :)














0 comments:
Post a Comment